Monday 10 March 2014

Product Of The Month

Hi everybody!
First of all, I do apologise as I have not been blogging in awhile. My days has been so busy and absolutely crazy but I'm so glad that I managed to sit down today and write this blog post. I have been meaning to write this for the longest time and it was actually supposed to go up about a week ago.
Hopefully, its not too late for another Product Of The Month blog post.

My favourite product in the month of February is the Yves Saint Laurent Flower Crush Rosy Blush Palette.

"The innovative texture of a creamy powder that sculpts and illuminates the complexion. A collector face creamy powder palette that displays a graphic motif to unveil 2 marble pink shades that swirl and unravel an arty rose petal motif. The pack is exclusively designed with a graphic floral motif that mounts tension between delicate floral and a crushed floral storm." - Yves Saint Laurent.

As you know, I am a sucker for beautiful packaging especially when it comes to makeup products and YSL never fails to satisfy me. With a modern gold and pink design, this is one of the more eye-catching products in my makeup collection so far. Its a really good and reasonable size plus it has a very sleek and elegant look to it.

This is actually part of the Yves Saint Laurent Flower Crush Spring Look 2014. Although spring has not officially hit us yet, I have already gotten into using this blush as it is so incredibly irresistible. Trying to use it sparingly as it is so precious as is every other YSL product. Furthermore, I do believe that this is limited edition if I am not wrong so do grab one if you still can as I highly recommend this product. I got my palette straight from the YSL counter in Selfridges for £42.50 and unfortunately, the last I checked, it is sold out/unavailable online.







It is a really unique blush as it is a marble of beautiful peach and mauve pink shades. It does have a very slight, almost unnoticeable shimmer to it when it is applied. As it is such a light colour, it is very versatile and there are days that I can get away with using it as a highlighter. Since the days are still cold, it is perfect to use it just to allow a natural flush to your face. If you would like to have a more defined and obvious colour to your face, this blush is buildable and I find that by layering it, you can achieve a really pretty colour, and a natural one as well for the cheeks. It is supposed to be a "creamy powder collector" and I must say it does live up to the title. There is minimal powdery fallout from the product and the formula is perfect to last on the skin throughout a busy day.

I do plan on using this throughout the next month and into spring time as i would imagine it would give my face a pretty glow especially in the brighter, more sunny days. I have been and will continue trying to find dupes for this product as like I mentioned before, it is limited edition and it is definitely not one of the cheaper blushes out there. Hopefully I will be successful in doing so and I will put up a blog post on that when I get the chance.

In the meantime do check out the rest of the Yves Saint Laurent Flower Crush Spring Look 2014 and comment below sharing what you think of the collection. Also, as usual, do check out the rest of my social media sites. I do post quite a lot on my Instagram so do check that out and give some pictures a 'like' whilst you're at it. Have a great day all ! Xx

Twitter: @jessiashleyyy
Instagram: @fashion_jessie
Email: jessicashleyyy@gmail.com

Check out the YSL spring look here.
To purchase your blush palette, click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment