Thursday 17 July 2014

Summer Simplicity: Casual Is The Way To Go

Hi everybody!


This will be the second part of my Summer Simplicity blog series that I will be uploading weekly. Today is all about going casual!

I honestly think casual is always the way to go especially in the summer when the weather is really hot and I mainly have quite a few chill out days where I don't do much and there is really no need to go all out with my outfit.  If you know me, you would know that I love wearing really easy, comfortable pieces and staying casual all year round. However, this season is my favourite time to embrace the beauty of less is more. Although I do work 5 days a week, I actually do have a number of days in the summer where it is just completely stripped down and casual for me.

Summer trends are amazing and all very beautiful and some people might think that staying "casual" all summer long is a waste of the fun prints, neon bright colours and gorgeous sun dresses trend, but trust me, it is not! To clear things out, I do not think of casual fashion as being sloppy or distasteful to others in any way but trendy, easy and comfortable pieces that still embraces the liveliness of this amazing season. Some of my favourite casual pieces would definitely be denim. Denim shorts is right at the top of my MUST HAVEs list for summer as it goes with everything, its incredibly comfortable and still sticking to the summer trend. The shops on the highstreet do have many denim shorts that are still fun with lace, embroidery, patterns and all sorts and I do love a good mix of them all but I have a few traditional denim stored for whenever I need them. I have also been getting really into floppy sun hats because I think they are so cute and they actually do a brilliant job at hiding your face/part of your face from the sun.























On a normal day, my casual outfit would mainly be some denim shorts, a crop top or any loose and light top, sandals or converse, a kimono and maybe a floppy hat. Obviously the images above are tumblr fashion that I managed to find as I love the styles and fashion of them but I did manage to purchases some great summer things in the shops as well. I took a cheeky shopping trip a couple of weeks ago to update my closet with some amazing summer fashion and I found that H&M has some amazing pieces in there. Primark and New Look were great as well and for some online shopping it would definitely be boohoo. (basically listed out my favourite places to shop there)

I hope you have enjoyed this blog post and that it could have somehow inspired or gave you a few ideas in styling or purchasing outfits for this summer. I know that not everyone has very laid back summers and some of you might actually have a lot to do this summer including going to events or occasions that involve dressing up. Therefore, the 3rd part of Summer Simplicity that will be uploaded next week is on formal wear for the summer, so do look out for that and it should be up on Thursday (24/7) if all goes well. 

Like always, check out my other social media sites when you get the chance. Also, be sure to comment below sharing your favourite casual summer clothing piece(s) as I would really like to know, because everyone has their own style and preference. If you would like to check out my last Summer Simplicity blog post on my favourite beach outfits then there will be a link below and I hope you guys will be back next Thursday for another Summer Simplicity! 

Have a great day! Xx

-Summer'14

Twitter: @jessieashleyyy
Instagram: @fashion_jessie
Email: jessicashleyyy@gmail.com

To check out my previous Summer Simplicity blog post, click here


No comments:

Post a Comment