Thursday 10 July 2014

Summer Simplicity: Sun, Sea and Sand

Hi everybody!



This summer, I decided to strip it down (but not all the way, haha cheeky!) and go for a more simple style, hence the title, Summer Simplicity. I have decided to divide this Summer Simplicity blog series into several parts that I will upload throughout the summer.

When I think SUMMER, I think about the beach instantly. It is my absolute favourite place to be whether it be a tropical beach in the Maldives or just a normal beach that you can get here in the UK. The sound of the waves are so calming and instantly puts me in the best mood. Spending time at the beach no matter in daylight with the Sun shining and people tanning, swimming, kids running, beach sports or during night time where its quiet and dark, only lit by the moonlight with the sound of the waves crashing onto the shore in the background, the beach is the perfect version of heaven on earth to me.

What's better than being at the beach, is beach outfits! From showing off your bikini body to cover ups and sun dresses, allow me to take you through a few of my favourite beach outfit ideas for day and night, the laid-back and the dressy, the confident and the reserved.






























Personally, I love a bit of fringe and bright colour as far as bikinis go, I am actually really interested to give a go at high-waisted bikini bottoms this summer. I wear a tonne of high-waisted trousers and disco pants therefore I think high-waisted bikini bottoms will add to the obsession. My favourite place to buy bikinis will definitely be H&M because I love the mix&match concept and I just think they have some right fun patterns and choices. I like throwing on a really easy sun dress when going to the beach, just something that is really convenient to slip on and off. As for cover ups, I would feel much more comfortable in something slightly longer and a little more baggy/oversized. I like going for cream crochet cover ups or again, just a really simple and easy slip dress. I love being casual therefore I live in flip flops but when the occasion arrives, I will trade them in for a very simple wedge. These are just my personal preference and I strongly believe that each and every one of you should stick to your preference as well. I know that this is something to live by everyday but I think when summer comes around, people in general tend to be a little more consious about themselves. The most important thing is to be comfortable in your own skin and have an amazing time because summer only comes around once a year and it is usually the time when the best memories are made. Never ever feel like you have to dress or act a certain way because that is what others are doing. Just do what you love, be with the people that you love and have fun, you can't go wrong.

If you are spending time at the beach this summer, I hope you guys have the best time ever and soak up the sun (but carefully). Don't forget your beach essentials before leaving the house, suncream, sunnnies, a good cover up, some water for hydrating etc. The next part of the Summer Simplicity series will be uploaded exactly one week from today, next Thursday (17/7) where I will be discussing casual looks for everyday and on the road, so please look out for that. Do feel free to comment below sharing your favourite summer beach looks and like always, check out my other social media sites.

Have a great day! Xx

-Summer'14

Twitter: @jessieashleyyy
Instagram: @fashion_jessie
Email: jessicashleyyy@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment