Thursday 7 August 2014

Summer Simplicity: Flowers vs Diamonds

Hi everybody!



"I would rather wear flowers around my head than diamonds around my neck"

I absolutely love this quote and I tend to live by it everyday. In fact, I have a poster of this quote hung above my bed and I remember buying from those little art shops in one Christmas market during the winter of '09 if I am not mistaken. I think this quote has a deeper meaning behind it especially in the summer where people tend to appreciate the natural things in life and everyone forgets about the materialistics for a little while. If a dress is £25 or £2500, a dress is still just a dress until you bring it to life with accessories. My style is very casual and my staples are blacks and whites. About 70% of my wardrobe is filled with monochrome coloured pieces of clothing therefore I rely a lot on accessories to bring some vibrance to my outfits . In the summer, there is no time for black and whites, its all about the beach blonde hair, the neon swimsuits, the bejewelled sandals and the multi-coloured manicures. I try to be more adventurous during this time of the year and go slightly out of my comfort zone and incorporate more vibrant pieces that are maybe just a little controversial and brightly eye-catching. The majority of that effort goes towards accessories as clothing wise, I am mainly a solid coloured crop top and denim shorts kind of girl. However, this blog series is calles Summer Simplicity, and it is all about the simple things about the summer so I picked out some quite fun, easy to put on, but still lovely pieces of accessories including necklaces, handbags and hair ties.





















I hope you have enjoyed this blog post and don't forget to check out my next Summer Simplicity blog post which will be uploaded next Thursday (14/8) which will also be my final blog post on this series. I will also leave the links to all of my previous Summer Simplicity blog posts so do check it out if you have not already. Comment below sharing your favourite accessories this summer and like always, don't forget to check out my other social media sites as well.

Have a great day! Xx
-Summer'14

Twitter: @jessieashleyyy
Instagram: @fashion_jessie
Email: jessicashleyyy@gmail.com

To check out my previous Summer Simplicity series:-
Beach outfits, click here
Casual outfits, click here
Formal outfits, click here
Snack ideas, click here



No comments:

Post a Comment