Thursday 8 January 2015

2014 Matte Lipstick Favourites

Hi everybody!

To be completely honest, the Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution lipsticks were what inspired me to do this entry. Early September this year, Charlotte Tilbury released the new matte lipstick range and I was so impressed with them that I found myself looking for more matte lipsticks that were more affordable and to expand my collection. After trying quite a number of matte lipstick collections, I picked out a few favourites. I tried to range it from more highstreet/drugstore brands to more high end collections for a good mix.

Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution
Check it out here
Charlotte Tilbury broke new ground with the Matte Revolution collection as the matte lipstick of the future with a brand new formulation that does not dry the lips unlike most other matte lipsticks. It has SPF protection and is hydrating alongside the fact that it stays put all day. The square angled tip also makes application a lot easier and helps in precision. My favourite shades are Glastonberry which is perfect for the holidays and Walk of Shame for days when I am not as daring. I got mine at Selfridges for £23.00.





Clinque Long Last Soft Matte
Check it out here
"Long wearing formula keeps it just-applies look for hours. Non-drying, non-feathering. Full coverage, velvety, soft matte finish. Allergy tested and 100% fragrance free" - Clinique
Everything you could ever want in an £18.00 silver barrel of lipstick. From this collection, I am obsessed with Matte Petal which is the most gorgeous pretty-girl-pink and it just looks absolutely lovely. It has a slight blue undertone as well and is just perfect for most days. I got mine from Debenhams.




Sleek True Colour
Check it out here
Sleek is one of the best highstreet/ drugstore brands out there in my opinion however I don't always go for Sleek when it comes to lippies but these True Colour lipsticks are absolutely brilliant - so affordable and there is a good range of colours in there as well. The formula works so well, it is not drying and overall pretty good quality for its price tag. You can get these True Colour lipsticks at mostly any drugstore and I get mine from either Boots or Superdrug for £4.99. If you are looking for a nice cheaper lipstick, this is a bargain. My favourite shade would have to be Barely There but Russian Roulette and Peaches and Cream are major contenders as well.






NARS Pure Matte
Check it out here
Another amazing product by NARS that I will be raving about.. surprise surprise, I know. This product is one of the best matte lipsticks that I have tried and one of my favourites/go-tos. It is long wearing, pigmented like most if not all of the other NARS lipsticks and the application is super easy as well as it goes on really smoothly and effortlessly. It doesn't tug like a typical matte lipstick does. My favourite shade would be Montego Bay and I purchased this from House of Fraser for £19.50.




Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm
Check it out here
"Vibrant colours infused with a Triple Balm Complex give you a bold, beautiful lip. Its a burst of matte colour with a balm-like feel. Go bold and get moisturised in 10 craveable, collectible shades" - Revlon
Because of the balm formula, this product is extra moisturising on the lips and gives a matte finish. I would suggest to stay away from the nude shades as they do not give as good of a finish compared to the darker shades. I am in love with Sultry from this collection although it looks darker on the lips than it does in its packaging. I got mine for £5.00 from Superdrug.





And that rounds up my favourite matte lipsticks of 2014. Comment below sharing your views on any of these products if you have tried them out. Don't forget to check out my social media sites as well.

Have a great day ! Xx

Use the hashtag #jessthedream on Instagram to share you favourite matte lipstick of 2014

Twitter: jessieashleyyy
Instagram: fashion_jessie
Email: jessicashleyyy@gmail.com
Enquiries: jessicashleyyy@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment