Monday 19 January 2015

Mascara Madness - Mascara Favourites of 2014

Hi everybody!

Last week, I uploaded my favourite matte lipsticks of 2014 and this week, I will be doing my favourite mascaras for 2014. I love a good lip and lash look and we can go on for days about it and I honestly cannot count on two hands how many "favourite" mascaras I have owned throughout the year. I have managed to narrow it down so let us get to it.

Dior Addict It-Lash Mascara
Check it out here
VOLUME AND LENGTH - VIBRANT COLOURS
I believe it was in the summer of '14 when Dior released this collection and it was the summer of colour which resulted in a collection of bold and different colours. I believe the Electric Blue shade will look absolutely gorgeous and so will the purple in the summer but today, I will be doing with the traditional black. It keeps lashes separated and really focuses on length and volume. It also does not get all over the eyelid and applies like a dream. I got mine from House of Fraser for £22.00.



Benefit They're Real Mascara
Check it out here
I think this is one of those products that has been raved over hundreds and thousands of times and that is only because it just works! It is absolutely amazing and claims to be UK's no 1 best selling mascara by Benefit themselves. I believe I am already on my 3rd one of these. It doesn't smudge or clump the lashes. Its so good for everyday and I find myself reaching for this all the time, all year round. I got mine from Debenhams for £19.50.



Stila All Day Lash Water Resistant Volumizing Mascara
Check it out here
This was quite an accidental stumble-upon for me in Harvey Nichols for £15.00. I was recommended this by a good chum of mine and fell in love with it. It is highly water-resistant and stays in place all day. It is perfect for busy days if you have a lot of running around to do and if you are travelling as well.



Maybelline Volum' Express The Rocket and The Falsies Waterproof Mascara
Check it out here
These were absolute classics all throughout 2014 and I think almost every girl has one or the other in their makeup collection. In my case, I love them both and I cannot pick one to be my favourite. I started with Falsies and moved on to Rocket and both of them work just as amazingly and gives such great results. These are probably one of the higher quality drugstore products. I got mine at Superdrug for £7.99.




Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara
Check it out here
I just had to include this in my favourites list because this mascara has done wonders for me. I saw Tanya Burr use this quite a while ago and decided to get one of my own. The formula is designed to be smudge resistant so I never have to worry about building up the mascara on my bottom lashes. The wand is the tiniest one I have seen and it works really well to lengthen the bottom lashes and give a doe-eyed effect. For £13.00, I got mine from Boots.



I hope you have enjoyed taking a look into what mascaras did me well in 2014 and comment below sharing your favourite mascara/lash product for 2014 or share your views on any of these products if you have tried them out. Don't forget to check out my other social media sites as well.

Have a great day ! Xx

Use the hashtag #jessthedream on Instagram to share your favourite mascara of 2014

Twitter: jessieashleyyy
Instagram: fashion_jessie
Email: jessicashleyyy@gmail.com
Enquiries: jessicashleyyy@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment