Monday 24 November 2014

Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 Palette

Hi everybody!



Around the Internet, I see beauty bloggers and beauty enthusiasts putting the Naked Basics against the Naked Basics 2 and though I contemplated for a long time before I sat down to write this blog post, I decided that I will not structure this post in that manner. Although I think that is completely fine and in no way "wrong", I see the Naked Basics 2 as an individual though it is so easy to compare it to the original version. I would like to point out, before I go any further, that I sat down a few weeks ago to write this blog post but I decided then, that I would give myself more time as I did not have a clear idea of what I thought of it just yet. I am very attached to the original Naked Basics Palette therefore I was not too keen on the Naked Basics 2 when I laid my hands on it although I was overwhelmed with excitement for it's release.

The palette has 6 shades altogether, 5 matte and 1 with a slight sheen. If anything, the downside to Naked palettes in general will be the fallout especially with darker or more shimmery shades. I find because of the shades in this palette, that is nothing to worry about and Urban Decay has kept its amazing pigmentation that has become somewhat of a trademark for their palettes.





My Naked Basics Palette has been very well loved over these few years and maybe now is the time to transition into the new addition to the Naked Palette family. I am sure that I will get just as much use out of this palette and once again, as usual, Urban Decay did not disappoint.

A breakdown of the shades:-

Skimp - pale yellow toned highlight
Stark - nude matte pink
Frisk - warm grey toned matte
Cover - dusky red-brown
Primal - muted matte brown
Undone - smoky deep brown

Because of their size, it is so convenient to throw into your handbag to touch up during the day or do your makeup on the go, or into a travel bag and you can basically bring it anywhere. These are great everyday colours and perfect for any occasion. Sleek and elegant shades, pair it with a light lip during the day or for a more toned down look or have it with a deep wine colour for a more festive feel and bright red for a night out party vibe, the combinations are endless and it is palettes like these that are so versatile and evergreen that will be your best friend whatever the situation. I got mine from Sephora in Paris, but you can get it at their counter or inline for £22.00.

Comment below sharing your thoughts on the palette. Also, check out my other social media sites that I will list below. I have many exciting plans for the month of December that I will address again in my next blog post so do look out for that coming up very soon. 

Have a great day ! Xx

Use the hashtag #jessthedream on Instagram to share your favourite makeup look using the Naked Basics 2

Twitter: @jessieashleyyy
Instagram: @fashion_jessie
Email: jessicashleyyy@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment