Wednesday 9 April 2014

Product Of The Month

Hi everybody!
Today's blog post is one that is long overdue and I do apologise for it. Its always the same excuses, being swamped with work and plenty of running around town. But now that its cleared out, lets get on with the Product Of The Month for March!



Very excited about this one as the first time I heard about it, I fell in love with it and I knew I just had to get one for myself because it basically combines two of my favourite things in the world; makeup and chocolate. It is the Chocolate Bar Eye Shadow Palette by Too Faced. Now, I know I do love my eye shadow palettes quite a bit. However, this is not your everyday eye shadow palette. The Chocolate Bar Collection uses real cocoa powder in the formula which to me seemed quite bazaar initially but apparently, the chocolate is used for its healing properties to protect, condition and heal skin that has been damaged by sun and wind. The combination of healing chocolate together with richly pigmented and velvet-smooth shadows is definitely a win-win situation.

When we talk about a "Chocolate Bar" eye shadow palette, it might seem like it consists of dark, musky and heavy shadow colours. However, it is the complete opposite. Too Faced has managed to create a good combination of chocolate browns, nude beiges and even soft pinks. these sixteen colours are all very wearable for everyday or you can build it up for a night out as well. Not only do they have sinfully delicious names such as Gilded Ganache, Triple Fudge and Champagne Truffle, but the have a beautiful scent as well. Due to the addition of real cocoa, these shadows have a sweet scent to them which makes me crave for chocolate but at the same time its not too overpowering which is amazing.

The packaging for the Chocolate Bar palette is of course a traditional bar of chocolate. Its made of strong metal with a good mirror size  which is handy for on-the-go uses and it has a magnetic closure as well. Out of these16 colours, there are 2 highlighters and 14 shadows with a good mix of shimmer and matte shades. The shadows all have smooth and buttery textures and I find that it does have minimal fall out. Application and blending is a dream as the textures are amazing. I also find that they do not crease and they stay perfectly throughout a long day even without using a primer. This palette focuses on nude shades similar to the Naked 3 Palette by Urban Decay which might spark some competition but I love them both equally and they are both perfect for spring/summer.






  • Glided Ganache - dark brown with some gold shimmer
  • White Chocolate - matte cream highlighter
  • Milk Chocolate - matte taupe
  • Black Forest Truffle - shimmery burgundy
  • Triple Fudge - dark matte brown
  • Salted Caramel - orange-caramel brown
  • Marzipan - peachy pearl shade
  • Semi-sweet - medium brown, matte
  • Strawberry Bon Bon - matte baby pink
  • Candied Violet - glittery purple-violet
  • Amaretto - medium-dark brown
  • Hazelnut - golden brown shade
  • Creme Brûlée - metallic gold
  • Haute Chocolate - chocolate brion with a gold undertone
  • Cherry Cordial - burgundy with gold, matte
  • Champagne Truffle - pale, salmon-pink highlighter
I have been using this palette mainly for everyday purposes. I think all the colours are perfect for just  day-to-day uses. My favourite shades has to be the Amaretto and Marzipan. I also love using the Champagne Truffle highlighter, I find that the salmon pink works really well as a good highlighter. I got mine at Debenhams for £45.00.  

If you have tried the Chocolate Bar palette then do leave a comment below sharing your thoughts on the product. Check out my last Product Of The Month blog post if you get the chance. Again, like always, don't forget to check out my other social media sites as well.

Have a great day all ! Xx

Twitter: @jessieashleyyy
Instagram: @fashion_jessie
Email: jessicashleyyy@gmail.com

If you are interested in buying the Chocolate Bar palette from Debenhams, click here
Check out my latest Product Of The Month post here


No comments:

Post a Comment