Sunday 22 June 2014

A Short Trip Down Memory Lane

Hi everybody!

This isn't my ordinary blog post relating to beauty, fashion or anything materialistic. In fact, this blog post is about something that cannot be bought for any figure.



Earlier this week, I took a couple of days off work and travelled back to my parents' house for a few days. As it was Father's Day last Sunday, I decided it was only right to pay them a short visit and at the same time, spend some much needed quality time with the rest of the family. I come from quite a large family and I have about 20 cousins and loads of aunts and uncles, and though we've all stayed fairly close knitted in the past, times have changed and we have all become, sadly, more distant. Besides the lovely and massive Father's Day celebration dinner with everyone, I also managed to sneak in some time chilling and having lovely chats alongside cups of tea with my parents as well as siblings. I have a fair few siblings, I like to think so anyway, two brothers and a sister. Although I am very thankful and feel so fortunate to have them in my life, I think it is pretty common to take these things for granted on a day-to-day basis.





The thing is- this blog post isn't supposed to be for me to share my experience with all of you. It actually is just me trying to spread a message. I know that so many of us are caught up in our lifestyles and feel so comfortable with it and that is perfectly fine. However, having busy days and crazy fun nights, we tend to forget the ones we've left behind... parents, siblings, grandparents, extended family, childhood friends. That is exactly what happened to me. I have lived away from home for a good 4 years and if not for special events and long weekends, I would rarely ever travel back which means that in a year, I would only go back a good 3 to 4 times, which I have to admit is way too little. I went back last week, quite spontaneously and I had, quite possibly the best 3 days since 2014 started. I have not been back since Christmas and I came very close to forgetting the feeling of comforting, warm love and support of family members. It was exactly what I needed as life has been a little too crazy even for me these days. My siblings and I synced our trip so that the whole family would be together at the same time, which made my parents very happy and made me feel very blessed.

So if you are reading this and you live away from your family or loved ones, and you've not seen them in a good while, why not make a trip to pay them a visit, even a short trip is better than nothing. I am well aware that there are some of you who live miles and miles away from home, possibly across the country or across the world and it is not that straight forward to go back. But if you live a couple of hours away, like I do, why not take a drive or hop on the train, like what I did and go see them. This trip was a good wake up call for me, not in a shockingly life changing way but in a comforting-take-things-easier-move-a-little-slower way. I plan on taking more of these short trips in the near future and I think its about time I make more of an effort to maintain and close knit relationship.

Anyways, thats all I wanted to share with you guys and hopefully this has been somewhat a good read for you guys. I don't usually write blog post like this but even someone like me has to take a break from the materialistic interests every now and then. Right guys, don't forget to check out my other social media sites and I love you all. I hope you've had a great weekend so far and enjoy this lovely Sunday. Its been a short blog post but I hope you've liked it, short but sweet. Big love everyone! Xx





Twitter: @jessieashleyyy
Instagram: @fashion_jessie
Email: jessicashleyyy@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment