Wednesday 4 June 2014

5 Amazing Smoothie Recipes

Hi everybody!

If you have read my blog post yesterday on the Nutribullet, then you would be well aware that today's blog post is on smoothie recipes. After having done the blog post yesterday on the Nutribullet, I thought it was only right that I share some of my favourite smoothie recipes. For a long time now, I have been trying to branch out and try new smoothie recipes and change up some of the ingredients every now and then but these are mainly the recipes that I find myself coming back to very often.

Cranberry and Raspberry Smoothie
This is at the top of my favourite smoothies list and the one that I have the most often. This is amazing and I love it for early and busy mornings on working days. A small tip that I would like to share is that I would usually weigh out the raspberries and freeze them as it just makes things more convenient.

  • 200ml cranberry juice
  • 175g frozen raspberries
  • 100ml milk
  • 200ml fat free yogurt
  • 1 tbsp castor sugar
  • 2 mint sprigs


Creamy Mango and Coconut Smoothie
This is another amazing smoothie, it has a very tropical taste which is quite unique and so lovely especially in the spring and summer. Drinking this just makes me feel like I am sitting on a beach somewhere. This recipe calls for dairy free coconut milk but what I usually do is substitute that for half low fat coconut milk and half almond milk. I also tend to substitute coconut yogurt for regular yogurt. 
  • 200ml dairy free coconut milk
  • 4 tbsp fat free coconut yogurt
  • 1 tbsp flaxseed
  • 1 tbsp pumpkin seed
  • 120g frozen mango cubes


Chocolate and Banana Smoothie
This is a twist on the usual healthy style smoothie. Who says smoothies can't be decadent ? I must admit, this isn't something I make very often but when I do, it is an amazing treat and I absolutely love it. I think its amazing for when you have a small party with some mates. Also, it cannot be more straight forward and it uses chocolate syrup as an ingredient, which I love.
  • 1 banana
  • 2 tbsp chocolate syrup
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup of crushed ice


Fruit and Oat Smoothie
This is perfect for breakfast and it tends to fill you up better compared to the other smoothies as it contains oats which is a little more hearty. If you would like to have less of that unhealthy sugars in your smoothie then try substituting the maple syrup for honey which is something I do quite often as well.
  • 1 cup frozen strawberries
  • 1 sliced bananas
  • 1/4 cup of almonds
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1 cup vanilla yogurt
  • 1 tsp maple syrup


Avocado and Pear Smoothie
This is my version of a "green juice" and although it doesn't contain veggies of any sort, it still is green! Im a little picky when it comes to drinking veggie juices, I just do not like the taste or the idea of it. However, we all need a little green juice in our system and I love this recipe. I was a little unsure about this recipe to begin with as it contains silken tofu which is not an ingredient that I am not at all familiar with, but you can barely taste it and its mainly there to give a more creamy texture.
  • 1 riped avocado
  • 1/2 cup silken tofu
  • 1 cup pear juice
  • 1/2 tbsp honey
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 cups crushed ice


One thing that I would like to say is that if you plan on making any of the smoothies above, it is no rocket science. In fact they are all extremely straight forward and so simple to do so don't get too caught up in the accuracy of the measurements and do change it up to fit your preference and convenience. I hope you have enjoyed this blog post and it has hopefully given you some ideas to recreate your own smoothies.

If you have not done so already, do check out my previous blog post on the Nutribullet, which is a blender/juicer/smoothie maker that I recently got and have been loving and I do use it to make my smoothies currently. I am also well aware that it is the beginning of June and I have not uploaded a Product Of The Month post but that will be up this weekend so do look out for that and I apologise as its timing is a little delayed. Check out my other social media sites as well and comment below sharing your favourite smoothies. Have a great day! Xx

Twitter: @jessieashleyyy
Instagram: @fashion_jessie
Email: jessicashleyyy@gmail.com

Check out my Nutribullet blog post here.



No comments:

Post a Comment