Saturday 7 June 2014

Product Of The Month

Hi everybody!

It is another Product Of The Month blog post !!!!!
I honestly cannot believe May has come and gone so quickly. This month has been absolutely crazy for me and I have put aside almost everything including shopping, meals with friends, going to the cinema and sadly to say, blogging. The month of May for me has been fully focused on work, which is something only a workaholic would say and to be honest I have felt like a workaholic this month. I am now in the 'recovering' stage and getting back to the usual busy weekdays and relaxing weekends. Due to the work life chaos, I sadly did not get to try out new makeup products as I have been travelling and tend to stick to products that I am comfortable and very familiar with.

This is quite an oldie in the world of makeup. It is the One Night Stand Blush Palette by NARS. This palette came out during the holiday season for 2013. I purchased this palette around mid November of 2013 and I remember being obsessed with it for a long time and then it just got lost in the unspeakable mess, also known as my makeup collection. The thing that really made me fall in love with the palette is that it consists of shades that are already the top sellers for NARS. In fact, I have already bought some of these blushes in their individual compacts but having all of them in one reasonably wide but slim palette changes the game completely. As I have been doing a fair bit of travelling for work, I pulled out this palette and I must say, it has been an absolute life saver when it comes to easy, quick face makeup.




This palette consists of 6 shades, which has 4 blushes, 1 highlighter and 1 bronzer. As you can tell, having all of these options in one palette makes it incredibly travel friendly. With this palette, NARS pay homage to Guy Bourdin's seductive and suspenseful images with cheek palette of signature shades and dramatic blushes and highlighters. The One Night Stand Palette is perfect to help the everyday modern women create cheek looks with the ultimate palette to pop, contour and sculpt.

IN THIS PALETTE:-

  • Devotee Highlighting Blush - frosty highlighter with the slightest sheen of pink
  • Mistinguette Blush - bright baby doll pink
  • Orgasm Blush - peachy pink with a slight gold shimmer
  • Laguna Bronzer - classic bronzer with a shimmery gold undertone
  • Deep Throat Blush - sheer pink with a peach undertone
  • Goulue Blush - very pigmented medium pink



To give you a breakdown of my thoughts on the shades individually, Devotee is a beautiful highlighter and I have not used it before getting the palette but I love it. Mistinguette is a little on the more daring end of the spectrum for me, I usually tend to stay away from baby doll pinks like this one. Orgasm is the most gorgeous peach-pink and I absolutely adore it. Laguna is the bronzer in the palette that I love although I tend to stick to more matte bronzers entirely, I do think that the slightest hint of gold shimmer just lifts the bronzer and prevents it from looking a little muddy. Deep Throat is just the most wonderful blusher that NARS has ever released in my opinion. It is right up there with the other high-end makeup products in terms of pigmentation and quality and I do own this shade of blush individually and have loved it for the longest time. Goulue is without a doubt, the most pigmented shade in the palette and having said that, I love the colour but not I am not too crazy on the extremely dewy finish. However I quite like the finished look when applied light handedly.

I am sorry to say that this palette is limited edition exclusive for the Holiday Season 2013. However you can always pick them up at a NARS counter individually. My favourite shade in this palette is Deep Throat, which sounds a little rude, but I guess you can say that's just the humour of a NARSissist. I also think Orgasm and Laguna are pretty amazing as well. Although I am sure that many of you have already picked up one of these for yourselves but I got mine at Space NK for £45, if memory serves well. I am also well aware that due to the fact that this palette was released to the public months ago, almost every beauty blogger or beauty guru have used/blogged/featured/raved about this product, so do excuse my late arrival to the party.

If you would like to check out my previous Product Of The Month blog post on the Early Harvest Raspberry Range by The Body Shop, there will be a link to that below. Also, don't forget to check out my other social media sites as well. Thank you for taking the time to read this post and I hope you have enjoyed it. I would just like to add that if you plan to do travelling this summer, make sure you take this along, do not leave this behind, I promise you will not regret it. Have a great day ! Xx

Twitter; @jessieashleyyy
Instagram: @fashion_jessie
Email: jessicashleyyy@gmail.com

Check out my previous Product Of The Month blog post here


No comments:

Post a Comment