Monday 20 January 2014

UPDATE: New Blog Series

Hi everybody!
At the beginning of this year, I made a promise to myself that I would start being more committed to this blog and be more active. Besides the beauty and fashion aspect of the blog, I also wanted to make it more personal and share more of myself with all of you. (if that sounds weird to you right now, what I really meant is that I wanted to share more of my interests, likes and dislikes with all of you) So with that said, I have some really interesting news with all of you. :)

I have two new blog series for this year and that is the 'Song Of the Week' blog series and the "Product Of The Month" blog series.

Song Of The Week
For this blog series, I will be uploading a blog post at the end of every week sharing my favourite song with all of you. I am somebody who loves music, I always have since I was a little girl. I grew up playing the piano and went through many scary performances in mini concerts and minor events. I first started playing the piano when I was only 6 years old, which was about two decades ago. Yes, it has been that long and I can barely believe it myself. Throughout the years, I have picked up playing the guitar and have written a few songs on my own that I am quite proud of but am not ready for public's (even my own family, friends and boyfriend) criticism or thoughts. I take my music quite seriously and when I say that I just mean that I am very particular about the music playing on the radio or in my iTunes playlist. I would say I do have a "skill" of memorising song lyrics very effortlessly and I am open to all genres of music from country to r&b, rock, electronic pop and jazz. I also would say that my taste in music is quite mainstream and there are many times where I listen to random songs from the past and put them on repeat so beware as they may appear on this blog series.

Product Of The Month
This is something that I have actually been thinking of doing for quite awhile now. I have experienced a few times where I come across amazing products that works so well and are worth it. If you follow beauty bloggers or watch any of them on YouTube then you may have heard of something called Monthly Favourites where beauty girls whether on YouTube or on their blogs share their favourite products that they have been loving throughout the month. This has a similar concept but instead of having many different products or items, I have decided to feature only one product in my blog posts. Additionally, I may add a few cheeky random favourites as well like any snacks or fashion item that I have been loving.

These series will get me one step closer to being more committed to my blog and I hope you will enjoy both the blog series. Alongside that, I also do hope all of you will get to know me better through this and since i would like it to be an interactive thing, please feel free to comment below sharing your thoughts/ favourite songs/ favourite beauty, makeup or fashion related items. The Song Of The Week blog post will be up this Friday and the Product Of The Month blog post will be posted at the end of January/ early February. Please do check them out and if you follow me on twitter or instagram, I will be sure to update all of you when I have posted them.

Have a great week everyone

Xx

Twitter: jessieashleyyy
Instagram: @fashion_jessie
Email: jessicashleyyy@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment