Tuesday 17 December 2013

C2C - Holiday Gingers

Hi everybody!
If you know me, you would know that I love Christmas, which is already slightly obvious from this Countdown2Christmas series.
But one thing that I really do appreciate at this time of the year is gingerbread or anything gingery. I love everything about gingerbread and today I thought that I would just share that with all of you. Hence the title, Holiday Gingers.

Firtst things first...... COOKIESSSSS
I love me some cookies!!!!!!! haha.

Gingerbread Cookies

Ingredients:-

  • 6 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1 tbsp ground ginger
  • 1 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1 tsp ground cloves
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup shortening, melted and cooled
  • 1 cup molasses
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
Method:-
  1. Sift together the flour, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon. Set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, mix together the shortening, molasses, brown sugar, water, egg and vanilla until smooth. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until they are completely absorbed.
  3. Divide the dough into 3 pieced, pat down to 1/2 inch thick, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
  4. Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/4 inch think. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. 
  5. Place the cookies 1 inch part onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven.
  6. When the cookies are done, they will look dry but still be soft to touch. Remove from the baking sheet to cool on wire racks. When cooled, the cookies can be decorated to your preference. 





I don't usually, or ever make my own gingerbread cookies, i just get them from the shops but there is nothing like the smell of gingerbread cookies baking in the oven during this time of the year.

Gingerbread Houses

Fun fact: The Christmas of 2011, which was two years ago, was my first time ever building a gingerbread house, keep in mind that I turned 23 in May of this year.




THE BODY SHOP - Ginger Sparkle Shower, Scrub & Moisture Collection, £17

  - Ginger Sparkle Shower Gel 250ml
  - Ginger Sparkle Body Butter 50ml
  - Ginger Sparkle Body Polish 75ml
  - Ginger Sparkle Mini Heart Soap 25g

The Body Shop - The School Project
This year, The Body Shop will be donating £200,000 from the proceeds of their Christmas gifts to building schools for some of their least fortunate Community Fair Trade partners in countries all around the world. Buying this will also contribute to bettering the lives of hundreds if not thousands of people.

Personally, I love the Ginger Sparkle Body Butter. It has a really rich scent and it feels so amazing on the skin especially right before bed. I also think the Ginger Sparkle Mini Heart Soap is really pretty and cute and it does have a nice festive touch.
All of these products has sort of a really fresh scent thats not too sweet. And believe me, I do love my sweet smells but this is a really nice alternative and it is perfect for this festive season I think.
The packaging is really cute as well and if you are like me, and you judge beauty products on their packaging then, you will love this one.








THE BODY SHOP - Ginger Sparkle Hand Lotion, £8

If you know me, you know I love moisturising my skin and the whole aspect of it. So to have this product, it is a dream and so perfect for someone like me. It is one of my favourite products at the moment. The scent is again, so lovely and I just love this more and more every single day.



LUSH - Ginger Body Lotion, £12.95

This lotion has a really nice texture to it and it has a really nice spicy scent, very gingery and floral and lovely. This lotion contains almond oil, cocoa butter and ylang ylang flower infusion, all very good for the skin and all creating a very lovely product to keep the skin hydrated and soft for Christmas.
Usually, I would go to Lush to pick up some bath oils and bath bombs and things like that but I saw this and jut could not resist not taking it home with me and I don't regret it.



JO MALONE - Dark Amber & Ginger Lily Candle, £48

Transform the atmosphere with the scent of amber and black orchid. Illuminated by the clean sensuality of black cardamom, ginger and water lily. This is a little on the steeper side, price tag wise but it is so worth it. It smells really rich and spicy and very very luxurious. I love it especially when its freezing outside, this is perfect if you are all nice and snugged up with your special someone as it does smell quite sexy and a little more, grown up, I guess you can say. But nevertheless, still a brilliant wintery candle. 

They do have this in fragrance form and as much as I love this scent, I still do prefer the candle as supposed to the fragrance but I do recommend it and if you have the time, do check it out and maybe get a little sample. Keeping in mind that everyone has different taste and maybe some of you might like it more than I do





I feel like I have literally gone out there and tried everything gingery from cookies to lip balms to hand cream and I have had such a great time doing that. Right guys, 8 more days till the big day !!!! 8 more days !!!! I feel like time is going by really really way too fast but I am really excited and I hope you are too.

Merry Christmas, xx

Twitter: @jessieashleyyy
Instagram: @fashionjessieee
Email: jessicashleyyy@gmail.com

To know more about The Body Shop, The School Project, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment